Board of Directors
ICASO has a governing board of thirteen people. ICASO is committed to having representation from each of the following regions; Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas to support global accountability and ensure community leadership. To ensure that ICASO's work responds to the needs of the community sector within an evolving global AIDS response, consideration is also given to members who bring critical expertise, experience, and leadership. In addition, the Board has been strengthened with two positions, which are dedicated to People Living with HIV as a way to guarantee that the perspectives and voices of people affected by HIV is integral to all the work ICASO engages in. The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the Board.
The responsibilities of the board include:
- Determining the mission, strategic plans and policies;
- Monitoring progress in meeting the mission and goals;
- Ensuring the accountability to the communities served by ICASO;
- Ensuring the financial well-being of the organization, including regularly monitoring financial statements;
- Ensuring the continuity of the board, including through the recruitment and orientation of new Board members;
- Promoting ICASO and its policies;
- Monitoring the performance of committees, including the executive committee;
- Providing input and support to the executive director;
- Approving the annual performance review of the executive director; and
- Selecting, appointing and dismissing the executive director (as necessary)
Click on the names to read the bios.